10 Problems Only Punctual People in Relationships Understand

All your fights are about one thing.

/

1. You want to get there right at 8; they want to get there "whenever." James, I can't put "whenever" in my calendar. Whenever is not a time.
2. All your fights are about how early you are or how late they are. I asked you to be there at 7. If you knew you weren't going to get there until 7:30, why didn't you just tell me to meet you there at 7:30, so I wasn't waiting at a pizza buffet for half an hour with no pizza in my mouth. That is cruel, James. Cruel.
3. You spend a lot of time hanging out in your date locations alone. You've finally accepted your fate as "person sitting alone waiting for date with book" and have no fewer than two solid reads at all times. This month alone you've gone through five books. Thanks, dating someone with a consistently unpredictable arrival time!
4. Your friends all know they're going to get a ton of texts from you on date night because you always text them while you wait for your partner to show up. "Hey, it's me. I'm inside a Forever 21 because the restaurant doesn't have a waiting area and it's raining outside and who knows when Kim will get here. Send kitten pics or stories about your day because again, I'm sitting inside a Forever 21 with no intent to shop, which is the saddest thing a person can do."
5. You start scheduling all your dates for 30 minutes before you actually want to meet, but then they catch on to you and start showing up extra late anyway. You figured, if you can't beat 'em, join' em, but your partner figured this out and figured they'd still keep showing up whenever they felt like it. In a way, this makes you perfect for each other because you're like two evil spies.
6. Waiting outside the movie theater even though you saw two perfect seats right in the center, but you know you can't reserve them because your partner will show up during the previews and people will hate you. Or worse, you reserve seats and have to tell passersby, "I'm saving these for someone" every two seconds while they all think, Yeah, right. That chick is forever alone.
7. You know all the restaurants that won't seat you until your whole party is there, and you can never go to them. You've thought about going back to those restaurants in a wig and a trench coat so they wouldn't recognize you but then you remembered you did that last month and they totally recognized you so now you basically have to move.
8. When you're flying somewhere, you have to travel to the airport separately because one of you needs to be there 50,000 hours early unnecessarily and the other one does not want to waste hours sitting around an airport. Then once the two of you get on the plane, you look like a shaky Chihuahua on cocaine from worrying so much and he looks like a blissed-out golden retriever taking a sun nap.
9. You watch the clock when you have sex just in case an extra-long session might potentially make you late. "I am enjoying this but I have to be at work in 20 minutes. Can you move your head? I can't really see the clock. Actually, why don't I just keep my phone right here just in case the other clock stops working. No, I swear I'm present. Oh! Maybe if we set a timer we could just stop whenever it beeps! Wait, why are you walking away?"
10. You find yourself crushing on punctual people. "I think I have a crush on Gary." "Gross Gary from Pilates? He's, like, a million years old and smells like barley." "Yeah, but he always shows up at least 10 minutes before class. It's so hot."

src of http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a32804/10-problems-only-punctual-people-in-relationships-understand/?click=_lpTrnsprtr_22

Previous
Next Post »